A Beer and a Dog

"Why should I blog about brewing?", I asked. "Nothing like a beer and a dog...", So Sayeth Virtual Wayne.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Virtual Wayne's timer programme, FIZZ!

My pal Virtual Wayne wrote a beer timer programme called Fizz! (anything timer, really) that I use to alert me of when I have to make Hop Additions to my beer when I am brewing. I set up the hop schedule and when my beer is about to boil, I mash the start button and the line items are adjusted to the current time. THEN: when it is time to make a hop addition, I get a text message on my phone to make the addition! Cool, or what? I can also include a line item to give me the heads up to rack to the secondary & etc, and to bottle. And put the stuff in the fridge for whatever that is that you wanna call it: cold conditioning, etc. And when it is ready to start drinking on. Oh, this is such a handy programme, should I break my cardinal rule of not drinking while I'm brewing I get a text to remind me. And since I don't own a laptop that I can take to the brew site with me, I can still use the programme. Shiite! This is SO FREAKING COOL...

Bottling the latest batch on 2 July... will get a text to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not one of these.. these... FAUX CyberDaves... but the TRUE CyberDave!


About CyberDave

My photo
Contract engineering, working in the field in which I truly love: Mechanical Design.

Followers

That was it, apparently

"Bonus Nachos!" as we say on my planet. "And CHEERS!"