A Beer and a Dog

"Why should I blog about brewing?", I asked. "Nothing like a beer and a dog...", So Sayeth Virtual Wayne.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Microbe Festus….

It was a hoot.  I put on a brewing demo, brewing an Oktöberfest using the triple decoction method to the delight of all.  Well, me, if nobody else.  I finished and got things pretty much cleaned up and ready to pack for the long journey home by 5:30… the soiree shut down at 6.  I had to hustle to get some of the beers that were left, many of the beers that I’d wanted to sample had blown their kegs long before I was ready.  I did try Star Hill’s Monticello ale, made from a Thomas Jefferson recipe; it was really nice. I’ll try that one, one day. 

Supper is about ready so I’ll post some pix later.  Didas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not one of these.. these... FAUX CyberDaves... but the TRUE CyberDave!


About CyberDave

My photo
Contract engineering, working in the field in which I truly love: Mechanical Design.

Followers

That was it, apparently

"Bonus Nachos!" as we say on my planet. "And CHEERS!"