I have the bottles in the drainer now, awaiting them to dry out a little and for the primer mixture to cool down to temperature too. I mixed up the primer, corn sugar and a liter of water, yesterday. To do so requires heating it to a boil with water, I use a liter, and letting it cool with a lid on the pot. Since my wife was down here in the basement cleaning out her wet/dry vacuum cleaner I decided to reboil the sugar water again today just in case any airborne nasties found their way into the pot. You cannot be TOO careful when brewing. I’m also taking pix of the process to add here after completion of the tasks. For now, this is all…
Cleaning and disinfecting Bottles; Drying on rack;
Brushing out crud; and then soaking in clorox solution.
All dry and ready to bottle; Racking beer to bottling bucket.
Ambient temperature 70°F; beer at the bottom of the carboy.
Bottling setup. Filling a bottle;
And another… and placing the caps on the tops;
Into the capping press; Capped;
And another one ready to cellar; The press and half a case.
Disinfecting the caps prior to capping. A critical step not to be forgotten!
Finished gravity is 1.005. Alcohol by volume is 4.42%. I got 54 12 oz. bottles and 1.5 half-liter flip top bottles of Standard Bitters.