A Beer and a Dog

"Why should I blog about brewing?", I asked. "Nothing like a beer and a dog...", So Sayeth Virtual Wayne.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Suicide

My dear friend lost a close relative to suicide, a family tradition.  He’s off in the Territories now, joining the other survivors in their loss and grieving as a unit.  I didn’t know his relative personally, only through my conversations with my pal, but he was a good chap, and he & I shared some common considerations.  I mourn for them both, and their families.  I feel that I have lost a friend as well.

Situations such as this are few and far between, so there is rarely a base from which to draw to express ones feelings, compassion, empathy…  How does one relate?  Dunno. One tries the best one can, and mourns…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not one of these.. these... FAUX CyberDaves... but the TRUE CyberDave!


About CyberDave

My photo
Contract engineering, working in the field in which I truly love: Mechanical Design.

Followers

That was it, apparently

"Bonus Nachos!" as we say on my planet. "And CHEERS!"