I used a bottle of my Biere de Garde to braise the pork loin that I barbecued yesterday, leaving it in the oven for 5 hours at 225° and in another hour with the heat turned off. It came out fork-tender and it tastes delicious! The beer, however, needs another month to condition, I am guessing. Maybe more. No carbonation other than bottle pressure and cloyingly sweet, despite finish gravity reading of 1.013. I'll enter it as a Saison in the club competition anyway, tomorrow. At least I'll get some feedback.
I could have brewed yesterday but it just wasn't in me after I got rolling in the morning. Besides, the yeast that I have on hand (Munton's Ale yeast) was three years past use by date. Couldn't have been any good. Maybe I'll add it to the AAA when I bottle just in case there is a spark of life left in it. Instead of brewing, I went to Bryan's and kept him company while he brewed, then went to the hardware store for some drain cleaner and then home to to things around the house. Blah. Another wasted day, for all practical purposes.
- ► 2011 (43)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Many things happened today. Or not.
- AAA tastes great!
- Yo-yo-yo...! CyberDave Raps....
- The meeting went well...
- June Brew Club Meeting
- Another Dave in Paradise...
- Strange day...
- Got a large, hoppy beer from Wine Gourmet...
- Geletin is a-floating
- AAA still going well
- ...I shoulda used the beer in the broken bottle!
- Got my Biere de Garde bottled with a few glitches
- Work's over and done with for the day.... But...
- And had another dream of working at.....
- AAA Going well in Primary
- IE 8 Bad
- ManagCENSORED BY MANAGEMENTgain...
- 090601 - Truck Day...
- ▼ June (19)