Today is the June brew club meeting day. I'm entering my Biere de Garde as a Saison - they are probably close enough to pass - and beside I want some feedback. I tasted one the other night and it tasted cloyingly sweet despite finishing at 1.013, with insufficient carbonation. (Hopefully both issues will improve with age) I used a bottle of the stuff to braise the tenderloin that I BBQ'd the other day. If it doesn't get any better, I can use the Biere de Garde for cooking - one of the benefits of a bad batch: you can use it to cook in many cases. After braising, I poured the juices over the pulled meat to add a little more moisture and fat since the 'loin is pretty lean. Or was it shoulder? I should have read the package. Might have been shoulder, but it was still pretty lean. Anyhow, Trish and I will go to the meeting after I get off of work today. Thank goodness that we're not doing inventory this week; I hate doing inventory after a night of revelry.
Tomorrow I may brew a Blonde ale, but I'll have to get the yeast on Monday after work. Wasn't sure what I was going to brew when I was at Blue Ridge Hydro & Homebrew Supply the other day but after tasting one of Bryan's Blond Ales, I thougth that it was just the thing. More later.
- ► 2011 (43)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Many things happened today. Or not.
- AAA tastes great!
- Yo-yo-yo...! CyberDave Raps....
- The meeting went well...
- June Brew Club Meeting
- Another Dave in Paradise...
- Strange day...
- Got a large, hoppy beer from Wine Gourmet...
- Geletin is a-floating
- AAA still going well
- ...I shoulda used the beer in the broken bottle!
- Got my Biere de Garde bottled with a few glitches
- Work's over and done with for the day.... But...
- And had another dream of working at.....
- AAA Going well in Primary
- IE 8 Bad
- ManagCENSORED BY MANAGEMENTgain...
- 090601 - Truck Day...
- ▼ June (19)