I entered my Biere de Garde as a Saison, and got 24 out of 50 points, still a "good" beer. I wasn't surprised that the score wasn't higher as it wasn't the style and I got a lot of good feedback on the beer. One thing for sure, I need to cellar the stuff longer to get sufficient carbonation. As a Biere de Garde, it seems to be very close to style, by looking at the BJCP guidelines for the style.
On Sunday I bottled my American Amber Ale. The FG was 1.004... making me wonder whether it will carbonate very soon. Should have bottled sooner, I think. Time will tell. I bottled two plastic bottles to pressure test for carbonation and got 12 bomber style bottles and 24 12 oz. bottles out of the 5 gallons that I drew from the secondary.
During cleanup, I broke my hydrometer. They are always getting broken... should maybe get a case of them one day.
- ► 2011 (43)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Many things happened today. Or not.
- AAA tastes great!
- Yo-yo-yo...! CyberDave Raps....
- The meeting went well...
- June Brew Club Meeting
- Another Dave in Paradise...
- Strange day...
- Got a large, hoppy beer from Wine Gourmet...
- Geletin is a-floating
- AAA still going well
- ...I shoulda used the beer in the broken bottle!
- Got my Biere de Garde bottled with a few glitches
- Work's over and done with for the day.... But...
- And had another dream of working at.....
- AAA Going well in Primary
- IE 8 Bad
- ManagCENSORED BY MANAGEMENTgain...
- 090601 - Truck Day...
- ▼ June (19)